Ubuntu 13.10: logout some time not work

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Mon Nov 11 05:37:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

Yesterday I installed Ubuntu 13.10 my my wife computer.
She using GNOME Shell 3.8 classic session with Screen magnifier support.
I experienced an interesting thing with some time happening my notebook too:
Some time the logout operation not work after the logout button
activated, default login manager with she using is Lightdm, greeter
session is unity-greeter. I looked this situation with my notebook the
Orca Screen Reader. When I activating the logout possibility in Unity or
GNOME Shell, my braille display will be have a blank line and the logout
operation not happening. This situation only real console the sudo
service lightdm restart command helps.
Anybody experienced similar issue? Already reported this issue, or
anybody known a good working workaround to prevent this situation?
The shutdown operation works perfect my two machines.

Attila