network card problem

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza vilmar at informal.com.br
Tue Jan 29 19:01:12 UTC 2013

Hi.
If memory serves me, I had a similar problem when I used Ubuntu 12.10.

Not sure, but I think the problem was caused by lack of installation of
header files from the new kernel, which prevented the compilation of
modules related to this card.

Look for a package named linux-kernel-headers, linux-headers  or
something of that sort and see if it is installed. I am not sure about
the correct name.
If it is installed, check if the installed version is compatible with
the version of the kernel.

Hope that helps.
Thanks.

--