Here it is...Ubuntu Phone

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 20:14:09 UTC 2013

I do lots of things with my computer using Linux. Granted, my primary
distro is Arch Linux rather than Ubuntu, so I get all the latest stuff
as soon as it's released, but I don't use Windows, except the very rare
times when I need to print something, because I have yet to purchase a
good printer, at which times I use a left-over XP install on a
10-year-old box. I browse many websites on my Linux box using Orca and
Firefox, and I use no other browser, not even Chrome+ChromeVox. I have
nothing against trying different things, but I tend to stick with what
works, and Firefox+Orca works quite well here. I have yet to find a
website that is impossible to navigate, with the exception of Flash
content, which is more miss than hit on any browser in any OS. Yes, the
times I still have to use Windows for printing, I find NVDA to be quite
usable, but if making Firefox+Orca more usable for others means
converting to a clunky virtual buffer system that doesn't handle dynamic
content well, and cludgy work-arounds like lists of links, then I'll
hold off on the downgr ... I mean upgrade, thank you very much.

Yes, Firefox and the way Orca works with it could be improved, and this
is happening. But saying that you'd rather use Windows for web browsing
because you haven't even tried the latest versions of either Orca or
Firefox is utterly ridiculous. So before spouting and spitting about how
accessibility needs to improve, first start by trying the latest
versions of things, so that you can file more informed bug reports based
on the newest, dare I say shiniest, technology.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"