Here it is...Ubuntu Phone

Nolan Darilek nolan at thewordnerd.info
Mon Jan 7 02:21:00 UTC 2013

Great ideas and thoughts here, folks.

To put my words in context, I've used Linux since Slackware '96 which,
as its name implies, was released in 1996. I started using GNOME
accessibility in the Gnopernicus days, and at the moment it is my
full-time operating system of choice.

However, my experience under Windows and NVDA is making me sit up and
take notice. Firefox works very well. Similarly, I can run Chrome and,
gods forbid, IE reasonably well. I have a level of choice that I don't
seem to under Linux, and there are other areas in which Windows is
excelling for me. I'm not saying that it's the best choice, or the right
choice for everyone. I'm just starting to give it a serious look,
because the latest state of having to reboot multiple times per day
under Ubuntu because accessibility is behaving oddly is starting to get
to me.

I hope that this discussion leads to someone taking up this cause. I did
some soul-searching over the last two days, and am not the one to take
this up--if all this talk of diplomacy and catching more flies with
honey is what people want, that is. Having pushed and advocated and
developed for Android for the past few years, I'm burned out on the
access fight, and no longer have much diplomacy left in me. Best of luck.