Orca in Xfce?

Jimmy Sjölund jimmy at sjolund.se
Tue Aug 20 07:50:58 UTC 2013

Thanks for all your tips and suggestions!

I will start to look into Peter's instructions as well as sign up for the
Orca mailing list. I started out here as Ubuntu Studio is, well Ubuntu.

So far I have had best success on Xfce 4.8 (Ubuntu Studio 12.04 & Debian
Wheezy) rather than 4.10 (Ubuntu Studio/Xubuntu 13.04/13.10). As the next
release of Ubuntu Studio 13.10 will use Xfce 4.10 that's what I'm pushing
for. The version of Orca in the Ubuntu repos for 13.xx is 3.8. Debian
Wheezy ran 3.4 and I suppose Ubuntu Studio 12.04 did the same, but I don't
have that computer available at the moment to check.

Kind regards
Jimmy