virtualbox

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 19 14:07:44 UTC 2012

hello, yes I have had problems with 12.10 in virtualbox for sound,

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1016969

it is possible to get to the pulse audio dialog and change the device to
one of the two LFE devices, I can try it again later and provide the
exact key sequence to do so. I didn't tag that bug as an a11y bug
because it is an "audio totally broken for everyone" bug rather than
orca specific issue even though it does mean that Quantal is basically
untestable in virtualbox for blind users. It does boot OK when testing
on real hardware and you get the drums and ctrl+s starts orca as normal.
Ubiquity has changed a bit but I can get all the way through it without
cheating and turning my monitor on, I will do a full keystroke guide and
audio/video at some point pre-release.

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk