12.10 accessibility

Nolan Darilek nolan at thewordnerd.info
Thu Sep 13 16:46:47 UTC 2012

Does anyone know the 12.10 accessibility story? I'm about to do a fresh
install, and am wondering if I should go with 12.04.01, or with a
version that will be released in a bit over a month.

I'm particularly concerned about the Unity2D deprecation, and the
abandonment of QT in Unity3D in favor of a custom toolkit. Is Canonical
using "deprecation" to mean "go away entirely," or "phased out over
time?" Is there any accessibility at all in this new toolkit?

Thanks.