[Desktop13.04-Topic] accessibility

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 17 09:19:09 UTC 2012

I would like the text cursor tracking zoom to be incorporated, there is
code that works, it just needs to be incorporated properly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/727290
https://code.launchpad.net/~gloob/compiz/texttracking

I can understand dropping the themes, Unity doesn't really work with any
non-default themes, accessible or otherwise. Why not go one step further
and drop theme support? If themes are to come back in general it would
be good to have some designed for low vision users in the list.
Providing alternative GUIs for controlling some of the excellent compiz
accessibility features would be good, show mouse is another one that is
really good (stars that float around the mouse cursor without obscuring
it). The OpenGL accelerated Enhanced zoom is fantastic - and actually
makes the spread usable if you have more than about a dozen windows -
you can zoom in and pan around, they are not all tiny thumbnails, we
have this in, and turn it off by default (or have no key/mouse bindings
for it) and it is one of the best features of the whole operating system!

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk