New to ubuntu - some problems/questions

Bohdan R. Rau ethanak at polip.com
Thu Nov 22 07:08:51 UTC 2012

W dniu 2012-11-21 14:36, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza napisał(a):

> The problem is that you can not use speakup and the gui environment
> using the same login.

I solved this problem running pulseaudio in system mode with no
authorization. As I'm not regular orca/speakup user I can't say
everything will run without problems in this mode - but it works for me
(Ubuntu 12.04). I also do not use espeakup, but self-made equivalent of
speechd-up (downloadable from
http://tts.polip.com/files/spdup/spdup-0.6.3.tar.gz)
One bad effect: just after boot, if I run speechd-up from boot
sequence, both speakup and gnome login screen starts to talk together.
But it's also good effect: you can hear messages from console even in
graphic mode.

ethanak
--
http://milena.polip.com/ - Pa pa, Ivonko!