hud is speaking

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Wed May 16 20:43:51 UTC 2012

On 16/05/12 21:31, Vojtěch Polášek wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to announce, that HUD is accessible.
>   I don't know which update caused it, but it speaks with latest orca
> from master, as well as with orca provided in ubuntu repositories.
> Just type something and press up or down arrow to get to offered options.
> I don't know if it has any other capabilities.
> Vojta

nice. That is basically what the HUD does, it scoops up everything in
the menu of the current application and lets you type stuff and it
presents the top 5 matches, if you select one it does the same as
navigating to that menu option would have done. There are some concept
designs of it doing more stuff in the future (like presenting bits of
dialog boxes or other controls) and it has been pointed out to the
relevant people that accessibility should be designed into that.

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk