a suggestion/ idea for a faster file manager

Krishnakant Mane krmane at gmail.com
Sat May 12 15:06:55 UTC 2012

Hello all,
Off hand I can't really remember which file manager is used on Adriane
Knoppix on lxde desktop, but an Idea crossed my mind?
I am not into graphics based library although my programming brain can't
find a way to unjustify this idea.
Why can't we have that same file manager run on Gnome?
If LXDE does use gtk based things and given that we can use KDE based
apps on Gnome, why can't we run  the lxde based file manager in Gnome?
Infact if we can get KDE based apps on Gnome, LXDE seems to be a closer
friend.
Any suggestions?
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.