[orca-list] Problems with Orca and pidgin...seems to be an at-spi2-core issue

Guy Schlosser guyster104 at att.net
Sun Mar 25 22:35:20 UTC 2012

Hi Jakob, yes, I can confirm the issue with pidgin as far as speech
goes.  Whenever I press enter after typing in a message, orca does not
read it.  The other thing I've noticed, is that some times I cannot see
new messages from others, until I've already started typing again.  I am
however, happy to see the other accessibility bugs worked out.  Hud is
working in Unity 2d, and for the most part, I'm able to use skype.  I'm
a happy user/tester, and can't wait to recommend Ubuntu Precise to my
friends and family using Ubuntu, after final release.  Hopefully the
pidgin bug can be ironed out before final release, or shortly after as
perhaps a service update.

Loving the progress,

Guy