Accessible Login in 12.04?

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Thu Mar 15 09:16:01 UTC 2012

Hy,

I see happened an upgrade with Casper package, to migrate LightDm a11y
settings with GSettings, because Unity Greeter using GSettings.

When I try use an installed system in terminal the sudo -u lightdm
gsettings set com.canonical.unity-greeter screen-reader false command, I
get following error:
hammera at hammera-Satellite-L300:~$ sudo -u lightdm gsettings set
com.canonical.unity-greeter screen-reader false

** WARNING **: Command line `dbus-launch
--autolaunch=57457bea3de3d18c6e5b50340000000d --binary-syntax
--close-stderr' exited with non-zero exit status 1: No protocol
specified\nNo protocol specified\nAutolaunch error: X11 initialization
failed.\n

** WARNING **: Command line `dbus-launch
--autolaunch=57457bea3de3d18c6e5b50340000000d --binary-syntax
--close-stderr' exited with non-zero exit status 1: No protocol
specified\nNo protocol specified\nAutolaunch error: X11 initialization
failed.\n
hammera at hammera-Satellite-L300:~$

Look what the result if I run sudo -u lightdm gsettings get
com.canonical.unity-greeter screen-reader command:
hammera at hammera-Satellite-L300:~$ sudo -u lightdm gsettings get
com.canonical.unity-greeter screen-reader
false

During installation this GSettings key with LightDm are setting properly?
How can possible enable an installed Ubuntu 12.04 system the screen
reader support in login screen if this error is present? Temporary need
sighted assistance?
Alan, when you tested the accessible login with screen reader when you
reported the proper bug, how can enabled this function?

Attila