ubuntu 12.04 and alt+tab

Guy Schlosser guyster104 at att.net
Tue Mar 13 21:36:43 UTC 2012

Hi Jose, same behavior on my machine.  Pressing alt by itself, now
brings up the HUD (Head Up Display), which is not yet accessible.  If
you want the menu bar of terminal or any other app, press alt+f10.  As
for my suspition about key bindings, I'm thinking I'm right.  I launched
the keyboard applet under system settings, went to the shortcuts tab,
and set up alt+f4 as a shortcut for close window, then alt+tab as a
shortcut for switch applications, and both are now working as expected.
Did someone forget to bind them by default in Unity 2d?  Just my
curiosity, and I hope this helps.

Later,

Guy