(In)Accessibility of Unity in current Precise

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 7 22:26:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 09:10:14AM EST, Alan Bell wrote:
> So right now we have a broken dash, HUD, indicators, launcher,
> global menu and lightdm, I took a few videos and filed a few bugs.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJRwpcJBa8
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFVpVN21MbY
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvHj1tLd2IQ
>
> Lightdm doesn't work
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-greeter/+bug/944161
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-greeter/+bug/944159

On my radar, have had to track down a regression in GTK a11y code related to ubiquity, but am on top of that now, and once I file a bug upstream today, unity-greeter will be my next target.

> HUD doesn't work
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-appmenu/+bug/949445

There is a greater chance of solving this for Unity 2D, I'd like to take time to look at this as well if I can.

> Dash doesn't work
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/949372

Again, unity 2D is all I am caring about atm, and the dash works there, with a slight keyboard bug, not being able to move between lenses.

> Global menus and indicators don't work
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/dbusmenu/+bug/949370

If you mean the menus, then yes, I hav e aifx in the work, but it needs reworking to comply with dbusmenu tests.

> Launcher doesn't work
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/949448

Unity 2D launcher works.

If you haven't guessed already, I am only caring about Unity 2D for the LTS, because once again, its consistantly the most accessible, thanks to QT and the new at-spi bridge.

Luke