Ubuntu 12.04 keyboard commands

Robert Cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 06:27:37 UTC 2012

Hello, Lenny.

Here is a page which should hopefully be helpful to you.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/28086/what-are-unitys-keyboard-and-mouse-shortcuts

Ubuntu no longer uses GNOME 2.x as its default desktop; it now uses its
own desktop which is called Unity. Unity has two variants, Unity-2D and
Unity-3D. Unity-2D is by far the most accessible, but it is evidently
being dropped as of Ubuntu 12.10. When you boot your live Ubuntu system,
you can press CTRL+S when you hear the sound of a bongo drum in order to
start Orca. doing this will also place you into an Unity- at d session.

The Applications, Places, and System menus which you are probably used
to no longer exist in Unity.

I wish that I could write more at this time, but I need to head off. I
hope that the little information in this e-mail is helpful to you.

Take care.