HUD in 12.04?

Alan Bell alanbell at
Thu Jan 26 09:17:23 UTC 2012

On 26/01/12 09:11, Robert cole wrote:
> Hello, Alan.
> I actually did install the Guest Additions through VirtualBox itself.
yeah, don't do that :) sudo apt-get install virtualbox--ose-guest-x11 in
the guest.
> I also installed Ubuntu into the Virtual machine using the blindness
> profile using Orca. I am probably going to get the daily live CD
> tomorrow and start from scratch. I do not know if there have been any
> changes regarding magnification in Unity3D, but I can still use eZoom
> on my host system for magnification if it is not available in the guest.
I am testing some cool stuff with a fork of eZoom which does text cursor
tracking, it works when I have two monitors, but breaks when I turn off
the external monitor, which is a pain because I want to do a screencast
of it, but it only works when my desktop is too big to screencast.
Should be some updates on this soon.

The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at