OT: set pcmanfm as default file manager in 11.10?

Dave Hunt ka1cey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 21:44:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

Using 11.10 and the latest Orca from master, I find that opening a large
(many folders and files) directory in Nautilus will cause the entire
session to be unusable and unresponsive.  Opening this same directlry in
pcmanfm is a nearly instantaneous operation.  When I open the gnome
control center and to to the system info dialogue, on the listing of
associated applications, I only see categories for web, music, video,
and photos.  Posts in the Ubuntu forums suggest there should be more
pages, including file manager.  I'd appreciate an accessible way to do
this.

Thanks,

Dave