menu accessibility seems broken

Guy Schlosser guyster104 at att.net
Sun Feb 19 06:52:04 UTC 2012

Hi all, what happened to the menus in precise?  I downloaded my software
updates earlier, and after reboot, I cannot get orca to read any of the
menus in programs such as Libreoffice, Pidgin and Firefox.  Furthermore,
none of the keyboard shortcuts, such as alt+f4, and alt+space are
working.  These are especially important ones, because they perform
certain tasks as minimizing and closing windows.  Is this a known bug?
Is there a current work around?  Any help or input would be greatly
appreciated.  This machine is running precise, with all latest updates,
and I am logged into Unity 2d.  As always, thanks in advance.

Guy