LibreOffice menu accessibility

Nolan Darilek nolan at thewordnerd.info
Mon Dec 3 16:57:25 UTC 2012

I'm under Ubuntu 12.10 and am encountering an odd access issue.

I acknowledge that 12.10 isn't intended to be as accessible as LTS
releases, but this is an odd enough corner case that it seems should work.

If I pull up the LibreOffice Writer to view a Word document, I can't
seem to open any menus.

Alt alone brings up the HUD. F10, as well as Alt-f, Alt-t, etc. do nothing.

Were this some esoteric feature, then I'd not be surprised at its
inaccessibility. But this is the program menu, and thus far every other
menu in every other app is significantly more accessible (I.e. minimally
usable. :)

Am I missing something? Is there some new LibreOffice feature that makes
the menu invisible by default?

I do have Java installed, and don't see any errors on the console. I've
also installed the additional Java LO package, though I'm not sure if
that helps access at all.

Thanks.