keyboard shortcuts coming undone

Doug Smith braillefingers at gmx.com
Sun Aug 12 23:36:07 UTC 2012

To whom it may concern:

My name is Doug Smith and I am using ubuntu 12.04.  I find the
accessibility quite good with it, but I have two questions for which I
haven't been able to find out anything.

1. Why do the keyboard shortcuts come undone This seems to happen at
random intervals.  I really hate it and I hope you can give me a
permanent fix for it.  For example, when you set the alt-tab key to
change between applications, and the alt-f4 key to close the window and
cancel the session, it seems to work, and, it will work for one or more
sessions, but then all this comes undone and I have to set it all up
again with the system settings.

2. Why will speakup not build on ubuntu 12.04? This is strange, as I
have had it working on other distributions.

Any help, especially for the losing of the shortcuts will be
appreciated.  This is more important than getting speakup to build, even
though, I would like to see both fixed if possible.

Thanks.

Doug Smith.