ISO-2 keyboard and locale in console - how to switch on?

Bohdan R. Rau ethanak at polip.com
Sat Apr 28 09:57:50 UTC 2012

 Hi.
 I try to make speakup and speechd-up usable (not for me, my friend told
 me hi must have Ivona talking on console and doesn't want to hear any
 other voice).
 I found bug in speak-up, now I try to rewrite startup scripts.
 Everything works but two things:

 1) keyboard still generates UTF-8 sequences instead of single bytes
 2) I don't have idea, how to switch default locale (on console I must
 have pl_PL.ISO-8859-2, in Gnome pl_PL.UTF-8).

 Any idea?

 ethanak
--
 http://milena.polip.com/ - Pa pa, Ivonko!