qhimdtransfer help

Lenny gervin at cableone.net
Sun Apr 22 17:46:09 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have a Sony MiniDisk player/recorder, and I wish to access it in Linux.
I am running Ubuntu 10.10, using Orca.
I found a program called qhimdtransfer which is supposed to give me a lot of
control over audio I put onto my player.
I have used both aptitude and apt-get with no success, they both come back
and say that they cannot find the package.
I found a qhimdtransfer page that gave the Debian package repository, and I
put that into my sources.list file, and it still does not find it.
I am using apt-get (or aptitude) install qhimdtransfer
neither, as I mentioned above can find the package, I know that I am using
the command right, and I am doing this as SU.
Thanks for any help.
Glenn