Google+ readability

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 03:21:38 UTC 2012

It may be a long battle to keep Google thinking of improving
accessibility to its products, but it is indeed worth the fight. The
battle for accessibility to any company's product is worth it, even
though it may be long, hard and even frustrating at times. Although many
Linux distributions have had some form of screen reading technology for
more than 10 years, it has been only about 5 years since we have had a
usable screen reader in GNOMW, and even less since we've had
magnification. But look how far we've come; it's been well worth the
time, energy and effort it has taken to make it all work as well as it
does today, and it's still improving every day. Heck, even Windows has
taken a giant leap forward in accessibility, with the availability of
NVDA, and that has only happened within the past 4 years, and Windows
accessibility is even now improving. I have had the pleasure of owning
my first Android phone for about a month now, and it already is a giant
leap ahead of any other phone I used in the past, and that is even
taking into account the fact that I went with the lowest price I could
find because of my extremely tight budget. All these OS's and platforms
have a great need for more improvement, but it is very easy to see what
can happen when we fight the long hard battle to gain equal access to as
many products as possible at equal prices to what someone with fully
functional eyes, ears, etc. would pay. Keep up the fight for
accessibility everywhere, and keep up the great work toward making it
work on Ubuntu and other Linux distributions.
~Kyle