no login sound in 12.04

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:12:27 UTC 2012

Doesn't Orca usually come up talking when you log on? I agree it's good
to turn on the log on sound, but I'm not sure how critical it is, and
I'm not sure the Ubuntu Accessibility team needs to tell us something we
can look up or figure out for ourselves. For example, I went to Google
and found the web page:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/12/ubuntu-12-04-login-sound-to-be-disabled-by-default/

On this page it says that you can enable the log on sound initially by
going into startup applications and then later by going into sound
settings. Since Jose couldn't find it in the startup applications, I
wonder if it's been moved to the sound settings by now. I don't have a
copy of Ubuntu 12.04 lying around to check myself though.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at gmail.com