How to use the HUD?

Dave Hunt ka1cey at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 21:27:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

Since I had a quiet day at home alone, I took the plunge and put the
12.04 release, dated 07-April onto my trusty note-taker.  I'm trying to
figure how the HUD works.  I hit 'alt', and type in a search key, for
instance, "preferences", while focused on a Firefox window.  As it
happens, I guess the best result was the preferences for FF, but, what
if I wanted some other preferences?  After typing my key, I tried moving
around with the arrow keys.  How am I supposed to navigate my search hits?

Cheers,

Dave