I reported a caret navigation related issue with checkbox application

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Wed Apr 4 14:54:19 UTC 2012

Hy,

Nnow in Ubuntu Precise the checkbox-qt package are default installed.
Both the QT interface and the old GTK interface the readonly textview
widgets the caret navigation are disabled, Orca doesn't speak selected
lines with arrow key movements.
I reported this issue in Launchpad, and attached a beginning patch with
the GTK interface:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/checkbox/+bug/973430

In the GTK interface the caret navigation already work, but the new
textview widget the cursor lands default with end of the textview content.

In QT interface I not have ydea how can possible resolving the caret
navigation related issue. In Ubuntu 12.04 with qt-at-spi 0.2.0-0ubuntu1
version are packaged.
Not this is the latest upstream stable version with are fixed text
entryes related issues (for example spokening deleted characters, etc)?

Attila