My Trouble Starting Ubuntu 12.04?

Peter Vágner pvdeejay at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 17:26:44 UTC 2012

Hello,
If you are afraid the image is not properly placed on to an USB drive you might try just dd the iso file on to the proper device while it's unmounted. I did it using this method and it worked.
If you think the system is actually booting maybe the sound is muted on startup.
You can try switching it on using the multimedia keys if your pc has some or you can blindly try to start a terminal and use alsa-mixer.
I have used command
Alsa-mixer -c 0 set Master 100% unmute

Finally if you can conect the pc to the network using ethernet cable and have another spare computer you migh try  installing an running ssh.
To try starting the terminal when the live 2012.04 is booted you can-
- press ctrl+s to start orca
- assuming orca has started eventhough you cant hear the voice you should land in the orca window.
- you can alt+tab once to focuss the installer window
- in the installer window press tab key once to focuss try ubuntu button and space to activate it
- finally wait for the desktop to reload and then press ctrl+alt+t to launch terminal.

I know my advices are verry general. This is what i was trying to do in the past.

Greetintz

Peter

Dňa 2.4.2012, o 17:36, Dave Hunt <ka1cey at gmail.com> napísal: