Ubuntu 11.10, Unity, and Compiz eZoom

Piñeiro apinheiro at igalia.com
Fri Sep 30 09:56:17 UTC 2011

On 09/29/2011 06:57 PM, Robert Cole wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> I do not have a test machine here at home, so I am not able to try
> this for myself as I would like to.
>
> In Ubuntu 11.04, the Compiz eZoom plugin would only zoom in to the
> desktop, but the Unity dashboard/dock would not change; they would
> stay zoomed out. Does anyone know if this has changed in Ubuntu 11.10,
> as I would really like to upgrade to it when ti is released. But I do
> not want to do the upgrade if it will not be accessible to me.
>
> Thanks for any input heer. It will be much appreciated.

I didn't test it, but unfortunately, the bug opened at launchpad is
still open:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/781529

Anyway, take into account that although Unity is the default desktop,
AFAIK, you still can choose the old GNOME desktop, like in Natty (11.04).

PS: Importance on that bug is still "Undecided". Probably it would be
good to add some comments on the bug to comment that the priority should
be properly set.

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias