When will Ubuntu be usable again?

Lenny gErvin at cableone.net
Wed Sep 21 13:56:09 UTC 2011

Hi,
I had installed Ubuntu 11.04 about a month back, and had nothing but
trouble.
I have since been looking into another distro using Orca.
I tried the classic desktop when I tried the new Ubuntu, and it did not
help.
I don't want to download patches, so I am wondering how long I will have to
wait until I can download a working version of Ubuntu?
Looks like some folks are trying to make it work.
How did a version like this get released in the first place?
I sure don't know what was wrong with the classic desktop anyway.
But I do appreciate those trying to make it work again.
Glenn