well I'm making progress ... sort of

Guy Schlosser guyster104 at att.net
Wed Sep 21 01:49:27 UTC 2011

Hi there Atilla, and thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately though, it
didn't work.  One thing I've also noticed is that even in the orca
preferences box, and terminal, I have absolutely no speech.  I hear Orca
say "starting Orca Preferences", and that's it.  Oh yeah, it'll also say
goodbye to me when I quit Orca.  From what I can tell so far from
exploring in 2d, I am impressed with the way Unity is shaping up
accessibility wise.  Will the recent fixes to last week's Unity bug be
merged soon?  I really hope soon I can get back to a usable system,
where I can use more than just the launcher and dash.  Again, thanks for
the help.

Thanks,

Guy