starting orca on oneiric

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Thu Sep 8 04:50:37 UTC 2011

Hy,

Luke, when I booted latest Oneiric daily live cd with access=v3 boot
parameter, the GSettings related accessibility properties I think is not
setted with casper a11y related module (/usr/bin/casper-a11y-enable script).
Not happening this because dbus is not running when casper try setting
the required GSettings properties?
Required GSettings keys is following for example with blindness profile:
org.gnome.desktop.a11y.applications screen-reader-enabled true,
org.gnome.Empathy.conversation theme classic,
org.gnome.desktop.interface toolkit-accessibility true,
org.gnome.yelp show-cursor true

When I launch manual Orca, presented Orca text setup. I answered all
question. Because Orca doesn't logged out me automaticaly when setup
process is finished, I restart manual LightDm login manager in console
with following command:
sudo service lightdm restart

Unfortunately doesn't happen any changes. For example, if I looked Orca
version number, I see only a "terminated" message.

I try ask for example the org.gnome.desktop.applications
screen-reader-enabled GSettings key, this GSettings key value is false.
If I try manual set this GSettings key with true value, nothing changed.
This is a known bug now, or changed the blindness profile required boot
parameter and I not known right boot parameter?

When I some months ago try doing a custom Oneiric live CD, I see chroot
environment doesn't possible setting required GSettings keys. I think
this key changes working only if I created the machine-id file with
/var/lib/dbus directory with following command in chroot environment:
dbus-uuidgen >var/lib/dbus/machine-id

Attila