Initial impressions of 11.10

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 16 21:56:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 08:29:54AM EST, Dave Hunt wrote:
> In either an Oneiric update or in Precise, knowing the signal
> strength, and whether the network is  locked, would be great, as
> would speaking of the notifications.  Maybe Orca bugs are
> responsible for one or both these annoyances?

The network strength changes won't be in oneiric-updates, but precise only, due to the underlying infrastructure needing to be extended to provide sed information. As for notifications, that is a bug as a result of upstream changes in GTK. Getting notifications working again is something I do want to get into oneiric-updates.

Luke