Persona writing sprint this weekend 12th and 13th November

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Nov 10 11:04:43 UTC 2011

Thank you (all) for the work on this.

I've not been very active at all on this, but would like to contribute.
I've forgotten what I need to do to get (re-)started on the Pad system.
It might be useful to have a link or two about that.

Will there be more than one VI persona?  Our needs are different, and
conflict!  There have been times when I've needed lots of light, and times
when I have been photophobic, just as an example. :-)

RP is an interesting choice because it does occur with deafness in
Usher Syndrome.

I have things I'd like to see mentioned, but I don't want to write
them up if they would misrepresent the needs of someone with RP.
For example:

   NS-WYSIWYG - Non-Strict WYSIWYG -- We Know the paper will be
   white but the screen white is *not* WYSIWYG because paper does
   not glow, reading a printed page is not like staring into a
   light bulb: allow me to reverse the colours or choose something
   else.  I never did convince Star Office devs of this.

   A Magnifier that works by warping the screen, so none of it is
   hidden.  The non-magnified parts are compressed, so you can still
   see where you are relatively.  Maybe the GPU and display drivers
   could be made to do this?

   And I'd like to be able to change the mouse to screen sized
   crosshairs like on the old Tektronix terminals, so you cannot
   lose the pointer.

That's all I can think of at the moment.  Well, that's 3 impossible
things before US breakfast time.

        Hugh