How do I switch from Unity 3D to Unity 2D in Oneiric Ocelot?

James Buchanan james at jbuchanan.org
Thu Nov 3 16:48:17 UTC 2011

I haven't been able to make this work. It seems like lightdm is actually
rewriting the file on *login* rather than logoff...no matter what I do,
"Ubuntu" is still selected as the session when I get back to lightdm, and
the regular Unity is still what comes up.

If the OP uses auto-logon, the method described on this page might work:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/62833/how-do-i-change-the-default-session-for-when-using-auto-logins/62836#62836

JB