How do I switch from Unity 3D to Unity 2D in Oneiric Ocelot?

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 15:15:15 UTC 2011

I think you can switch to Unity 2D by updating the .dmrc file in your
home directory and changing it to say:

[Desktop]
Session=ubuntu-2d

If you're currently running Unity 3D, it should say something like:

[Desktop]
Session=ubuntu

Note that you have to be logged off on the desktop and do this from the
console, since logging off the desktop will rewrite this file.

This is the information I've gotten, but I haven't done it myself. If
anyone gets a chance to play with it, please post your results.