Ubuntu Developer Summit for Precise Pangolin - Accessibility Sessions

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Tue Nov 1 03:58:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 02:43:55 -0600
Charlie Kravetz <cjk at teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:19:28 -0400
> Penelope Stowe <pstowe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm sorry we haven't had a meeting in a while, I've had some health
> > stuff I've been dealing with.
> >
> > Next week is the Ubuntu Developer Summit in Orlando, Florida. This
> > UDSwill be planning for Precise Pangolin, which is a Long Term Support
> > release so hopefully we can use it to truly get accessibility working!
> >
> > If you are in the Orlando area and aren't already planning on coming
> > to UDS, please consider doing so! You can register online for free
> > [0].
> >
> > If you aren't in the Orlando area or can't attend UDS in person for
> > another reason, it is possible to participate remotely using the
> > audiostreams and IRC [1]. All notes from sessions are taken using the
> > Ubuntu UDS Etherpad deployment and there will be links to the pads
> > announced at the beginning of sessions. Please note if you are
> > attending remotely and are not in the US/Canada that times on the
> > schedule are in local time to UDS (so Eastern Time) and that the
> > US/Canada will still be on Daylight Savings Time, but Europe (and I
> > think the rest of the Northern Hemisphere) will have switched back to
> > standard. You can register remote participation at UDS using the same
> > link for registering to attend in person.
> >
> > As of right now, there are two sessions out there directly dealing
> > with accessibility. Please add ideas/suggestions for discussions to
> > the white board on the blueprints linked for each session.
> >
> > Accessibility Team Community Goals [2]
> > Wednesday November 2, 16:15 Eastern Time (20:15 UTC)
> > This will be looking at community goals for improving accessibility
> >
> > Accessibility Polish [3]
> > Thursday November 3, 15:00 Eastern Time (19:00 UTC)
> > This will be looking at development goals (mainly Canonical, but I
> > hope the community is able to contribute as well!) for accessibility
> > with the goal of making both Unity 2D and Unity 3D 100% accessible for
> > Precise.
> >
> > I will send out e-mails if either of these sessions is rescheduled.
> >
> > If you have the time to attend more than those sessions (or can't
> > attend those, but would like to attend other sessions), please look at
> > the schedule for other sessions you may be interested in [4]. It would
> > also be wonderful if people could reply to the list with other
> > sessions that might have extra relevance to accessibility so that we
> > can try to find at least one person from the team to attend either in
> > person or remotely.
> >
> > I'm looking forward to seeing those of you who will be at UDS in
> > person and hearing from the rest of you!
> >
> > Thank you!
> > Penelope
> >
> > [0] http://uds.ubuntu.com/register/
> > [1] http://uds.ubuntu.com/participate/remote/
> > [2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-p-accessibility-team-community-goals
> [...]

In an effort to make Ubuntu developers aware of some of the issues with
testing a11y, the blueprint has been renamed to
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-p-accessibility-team-testing

The session is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday at 15:00 UTC / 11:00
EST.

- --
Charlie Kravetz