Creating An Accessibility Specification for Lubuntu 11.10

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Fri May 27 13:55:48 UTC 2011

> On Fri, 27 May 2011, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
>
>> Pia (and accessibility team),
>>
>> On 05/26/2011 03:22 PM, Pia wrote:
>>
>>> What John is asking for seems so obvious to us who are disabled that
>>> I forget normal people don't "get it".
>>
>> I really hope the Ubuntu Accessibility team is not composed entirely of
>> folks who are "disabled" -- some more or less "normal" people may well
>> have an interest in accessibility issues, too.  Is dividing human beings
>> into "us" and "normal people" really a helpful and appropriate mindset
>> for an accessibility team?  All concerned might benefit more from
>> working together, than from creating artificial and unhelpful divisions
>> between people.
It is made up of people, all of whom are normal, some of whom have a
specific impairment. People are motivated to work on accessibility
topics for a variety of reasons.
<snip>

>> Jonathan
>>
>> [ Throwaway aside of the day: why does a team labeled "accessibility"
>> choose to use a closed (i.e. inaccessible) mailing list?  On the
>> surface, that appears paradoxical.  Any chance you could at least make
>> the ubuntu-accessibility mailing list archives more readily "accessible"
>> (public) to the rest of us, so we can learn from reading them?  Ideally,
>> please make your list as open as this one (lubuntu-desktop) is. ]

the archives are open as far as I can see
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-accessibility/
I can't find lubuntu-desktop on lists.ubuntu.com, where is that as I am
missing some context.

Alan.