Show-Stopper: Metacity 'save' and 'open' dialogues in Ubuntu 11.04 broken when Orca running!

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Thu May 26 01:24:49 UTC 2011

 From my experience, the system hangs if your home directory or the
directory where you last opened or saved a file contains a large number
of files. This appears to be a GNOME problem that has existed for a
rather long time, and doesn't appear to be limited to Ubuntu. I have
noticed, however, that in GNOME3, I seem to have to kill Python the
first time I open or save a file using the Metacity file chooser in
order to get Orca talking again, which does seem to be a new problem.
Nautilus also hangs on my home directory, but usually for only about 5
seconds.
~Kyle