Lubuntu and Accessibility

Alex H. linuxx64.bashsh at gmail.com
Tue May 24 03:27:56 UTC 2011

Hi,

Doesn't Adriane Knoppix run some form of LXDE with Orca? From the
little I've used it, it's not slow, but then again I've got much
better specs than what we're aiming for in this thread.
I agree that running Orca on anything slower than 1.5Ghz is just
simply painful, even with the increasing responsiveness of it. It's
certainly a resource hog and with a system that slow, might as well
just run CLI.

I think a more useful goal to pursue would be making XFCE more usable.
http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.10/roadmap/accessibility