Listening to my Music Collection in Natty?

David Csercsics aarg at shaw.ca
Fri May 20 21:23:05 UTC 2011

I use mpd and mpc or mplayer depending on what I'm doing but then I
don't mind command line stuff. mpc is fairly easy to figure out and the
man page is very informative. mpd is not hard to configure either. mpc
is just a plain command line app so it should run fine in gnome terminal
or from a script or whatever. There are gtk mpd clients as well though I
have not bothered to play with them. I have a very large music database
which rhythmbox chokes on nicely but mpd has no trouble with.