Desktops other than gnome

Alex Midence alex.midence at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:53:47 UTC 2011

Hello, MacKenzie,

I'm very you liked the suggestion of the hotkey for starting the
screen reader and that you are thinking about including it in the next
 Kubuntu release.

You ask if there are terminal screen readers.  Yes, in this case, the
screen reader is Yasr.  Orca does read a terminal, but it's the Gnome
terminal and not so well as yasr does.  The other command line screen
reader is Speakup but that is for pure Console mode only not a
terminal inside an x-windows system like KDE or Gnome.  I will look
into contacting the kde accessibility list to put  my questions to the
dev for the Screen Reader.

Thanks for all the info.

Alex M