Getting Natty to talk

Alex Midence alex.midence at gmail.com
Wed May 4 02:47:41 UTC 2011

Hi, all,

I'm interested in trying out Ubuntu 11.04 prior to its
"vinuxification" ;). Here's waht I'd like to know:

I want to download the .iso and then run the OS in VMware inside of
Windows.  How do I make the thing talk?  Could someone describe what
happens when you start up the iso file?

Is there a menu?  Does a gdm login dialog come up?  If so, how do you
get it to log in?  I want to get to a point where I can type orca and
press enter to have Orca launch as in alt f2 or something like that.
If these thigns ahve been answered somewhere else, please point me to
the url where I can find it.

Thanks.
Alex M