How starting Ubuntu Maverick Live CD/DVD with Orca?

Boris Dušek dusek at brailcom.org
Fri Mar 25 10:31:14 UTC 2011

Hello,
On Mar 22, 2011, at 8:57 PM, René Linke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm blind and a Ubuntu newbie. It seems since Maverick the boot menu has
> been changed. Is taht right? I ask because I try to start from the
> compact disk to start Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat with Orca. Then later
> going to install on my local hard drive disk. Can anyone give me a
> step-by-step instruction for that what I need to do, please?

There is an accessibility guide that contains step-by-step instructions
on how to install Maverick by a blind person without sighted help. The
instructions are here: http://live.freebsoft.org/ubuntu-desktop#install-without-sight

Let me know if you find any issues with the instructions there.

Best regards,
Boris