qt-at-spi

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at nokia.com
Tue Mar 22 13:23:43 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan,

On Tuesday 22. March 2011 10.41.35 ext Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I've packaged qt-at-spi, a plugin for Qt which exports its accessibility
> features to at-spi2
>
> http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/p/qt-at-spi
>
> also in ppa:jr for natty.
>
> The debugging output suggests its working once I install
> at-spi2-core. However I don't know how to get at-spi2 working, at
> least Orca doesn't want to read anything out to me for GTK programmes
> never mind Qt ones.  What needs to be done to get this working?

thanks for packaging it :)

in earlier times this was needed (I'm not sure currently):

gconftool-2 --set /desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-dbus --type bool true
gconftool-2 --set /desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-corba --type bool false

when you are in a KDE session you might need to export GTK_MODULES for gnome
apps to work.

export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge

Try to use accerciser for testing.

and for Qt, in addition to having the plugin you also need
export QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1

Cheers
Frederik