A Cry for Help--I broke Gedit "save-as" file chooser!

Dave Hunt ka1cey at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 03:41:53 UTC 2011

Hi,

If, first, I open a file, in gedit, using the file picker, then save, using the picker (under a name different from the name used for open), the file is saved, and gedit remains working.  For the remainder of the gnome session, 'save' options, using the picker, work correctly.  If I do not use the 'open', first, the 'save-as' will not work.  I have not yet launched gedit from a terminal, but, can do this, capturing the errors the dialogue throws.

Thanks,

Dave