Installing ubuntu natty without eyes

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 00:43:04 UTC 2011

Hello Mattias,

Thank you for installing Ubuntu.  I'm sorry that you had difficulty with
Unity, or that you did not like it.

You can use the Gnome 2-style interface ("the old," as you refer to it).

To use the previous-style interface, you will need to select the "Ubuntu
Classic" interface when you are logging in to Ubuntu.  When the login screen
comes up, select your user name, and then change the session from "Ubuntu"
to "Ubuntu Classic."

The session chooser is in the bottom panel on the login screen. Remember
that the session chooser will only appear after you have selected your
username.

After you have changed the session, then enter your password, and press
Enter.

If this doesn't help you, please let us know.

Thanks very much!

Jim