Installing ubuntu desktop hopefully Later

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Apr 14 11:48:31 UTC 2011

Did you hit the space bar several times on boot up to get to the
language selection menu?  You should know, ubuntu has been breaking
accessibility for orca with some of its version releases and this also
impacts vinux.  I'm thinking either vinux really is needed as a defense
against ubuntu accessibility breaks.  That or maybe build a command line
based system on debian with speakup then download and install gnome from
gnome.org so you get the latest version with latest version of orca.
The http://people.debian.org/~Sthibault/ website has isos of debian that
will get speakup working in command line mode on sound card right out of
the box too.  Hope this helps.