Installing ubuntu desktop- I Give Up!

Guy Schlosser guyster104 at att.net
Thu Apr 7 18:58:09 UTC 2011

Hey there Martin, do not give up yet.  Have you asked your wife to look
at the volume levels once you have booted the Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick)
live CD?  I'm thinking that your sound hardware is recognized, however
your sound is muted.  I have seen this on occasion when installing
Ubuntu from the live CD.  In the cases I've come across, simply unmuting
the sound once is enough to get everything up and running normally. I
hope this is helpful if you get the chance to try again.

Guy