Adding accessibility profiles after the fact?

Nolan Darilek nolan at thewordnerd.info
Tue Apr 5 21:57:10 UTC 2011

Hello. I just bought a new laptop. Unfortunately, nothing I do gets the
installation CD to come up talking, so I'm thinking that I'll be taking
it into the store to have them do the install for me. To simplify
matters, though, I'm wondering if it is possible to add/activate the
blindness profile after the installation is done?

Yes, I can just run Orca once logged in. That won't make Orca run at
login, however. I'm sure there are documents out there that explain how
to configure accessibility at the login screen, but it might make more
sense to just package the necessary configuration changes as a .deb that
can be installed later. Does something like this exist, or is it
possible via some other means?

Thanks.